What you’ll learn
- Understand and use sentences and frequently used Vietnamese expressions
- Be able to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters in Vietnamese
- Be able to describe in simple terms aspects of my background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Finished “LEVEL 1: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES – SOUTHERN DIALECT“
- Need to spend time practicing outside the class
- Need to pass the Final Test for the level at least 50% of the grade
Methods of Instruction
- Instructor-led lessons
- Independent study/homework
- Hands-on training/testing/projects
Text and Learning Materials
- Vietnamese as a Second Language by Nguyễn Văn Huệ (redesigned by SVFF to serve the purpose of teaching only southern dialect)
- Audio files in Southern Dialect included for the ebook
- Online sources: online news, readings, videos, movies, etc (carefully chosen by SVFF)
- Glossary created by SVFF
Topics will be covered in this course:
- SHOPPING – ANH MUỐN MUA GÌ VẬY?
- FEELINGS – HÔM NAY ANH NHÌN CÓ VẺ MỆT?
- TALK ON THE PHONE – ANH CÓ NHẮN GÌ KHÔNG?
- VACATION – ANH ĐÃ ĐI HÀ NỘI BAO GIỜ CHƯA?
- HOTEL – PHÒNG ĐƠN BAO NHIÊU MỘT ĐÊM?
- RENTING A HOUSE – CHỊ THÍCH NHÀ NÀY NHƯNG
- HOBBIES – LÚC RẢNH BÀ THƯỜNG LÀM GÌ?
- LIKES AND DISLIKES – THẢO THÍCH MỌI THỨ, CHỈ TRỪ…
- TALK ABOUT WORK – TÔI KHÔNG CÒN LÀM Ở ĐÓ NỮA.
- DESCRIBING A PERSON – ẢNH LÀ NGƯỜI NHƯ THẾ NÀO?
For detail of the course outline, click here
How long does this last?
- 24 to 48 meetings in class, depending on each student
- Students with more time for self-learning can achieve this level faster
- Learners want to focus on just some specific area only, such as speaking and listening online also take less time to achieve this level
Who this course is for:
- Learners from “ LEVEL 1: COMPLETE VIETNAMESE COURSES ” want to continue the next level in learning Vietnamese Language
- Beginners have learned and understood how to pronounce the Vietnamese sounds
LISTEN TO OUR STUDENTS